Tetra Tech International Development Services is expressing interest in a qualified candidate to fill the position of Accountant in Accra, Ghana under the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity.
Office Manager (1 Post)- Based in Takoradi Details
Working under the direction of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Accountant is responsible for:
- Executing GFRA accounting and financial control systems and ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet Tetra Tech ARD accounting standards.
- The Accountant will manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation.
- Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, payroll preparation, review and submission to Tetra Tech ARD Home Office, cash flow management.
- The accountant will maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with USAID regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable) such that Tetra Tech ARD policy transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system
Minimum of 4 years experience in accounting or equivalent position.
Experience working in a similar position for an international organization is preferred.
Knowledge of QuickBooks is required
University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or any other relevant disciplines.
• Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Professional fluency in English is required.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
How to Apply
To apply through GFRA.Applications@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format.
Please list the title of the position in the email subject line
No phone calls will be accepted about these positions.
The deadline for submission of applications is August 16, 2021, but applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis
ABOUT THE GHANA FISHERIES RECOVERY ACTIVITY
The USAID-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity In Ghana, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for qualified candidates to fill various positions.
This position will be located in the main office in Accra.
The purpose of the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA) is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving the supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security.
Tetra Tech seeks an experienced Accountant to participate in the implementation of the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity