International Justice Mission (IJM) is an international human rights organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice. IJM does this by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor.
IJM Ghana partners with Ghanaian law enforcement officials to identify and rescue children who have been enslaved in Ghana’s fishing industry on Lake Volta. We create customized care plans for each survivor, and we work with government social service agencies and private aftercare providers to ensure children have a safe place to grow in freedom.
The Aftercare Department of the International Justice Mission in Ghana is currently seeking applications for an Aftercare National Service Person. The applicant will report to the Aftercare Manager.
• Accompany the Aftercare team on field visits when appropriate to provide general assistance.
• Assist in shelter training sessions, client sessions, workshops, and any other Aftercare events.
• Support Aftercare team through inputting case details to CTMS (Casework Tracking Management System) in liaison with the Aftercare Casework Manager.
• Plan activities for children at processing centers and manage the supplies for the children (e.g.
• backpacks, clothing, coloring sheets etc.)
• Create summary sheets of new clients and maintain files for existing clients.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary level background in Social Work, Sociology or Psychology;
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with children and their caregivers;
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; fluency in Ewe, Ga Adangbe, and Twi preferred
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
• Attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
• Personable and mature judgment.
• Professional presentation in demeanor, written and oral communication.
This position may require frequent travel to various regions in Ghana.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* by email to:
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement should include a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 09 July, 2021