Established in 2006, Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Ghana. MSG complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Ghana.
MSG is seeking qualified personnel for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded family planning activity in Ghana. The goal of the activity is to contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity through increased access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services to poor and undeserved populations in Ghana.
• The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information systems to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts.
• They will lead the analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, and overall data management including health systems maturity monitoring.
• They will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. They will support all the technical staff in MEL functions and will functions and will manage any MEL related staff in the program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following among other duties:
• Guide development and implementation of project MEL plan(s), indicator reference sheets, results reporting, data use systems and activities and the project evaluation strategy.
• Ensure project M&E plan aligns with project’s theory of change. Design and develop measurement approaches to ensure alignment between project goals and objectives, process outcomes and desired impact.
• Assess and establish procedures for collecting, storing, and reporting data, establishing baselines, measuring changes in status, attributing results to project activities and assessing overall impact of project results.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of capacity strengthening of a variety of MEL topics within the project team.
• Support and contribute to the development of flexible, adaptable, and user-friendly measurements, learning and knowledge management mechanisms.
• Lead the development of and support implementation of learning agenda(s), including prioritizing learning questions and identifying evidence-based decision making and innovation.
• Develop project reports and others documentation of project MEL approaches and findings.
• Manage budget and all related reporting for project MEL activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as public health, epidemiology, mathematics, statistics, biostatistics, or a related field.
• At least seven (7) years of experience implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for complex health programs in Ghana, with experience in family planning strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in providing technical support, setting up and managing MEL systems that track performance, and in the application of statistical methods database management.
• Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods, and data visualization.
• Experience implementing adaptive management, ensuring feedback loops and direct connection between data and continuous program and strategic adjustments and improvements.
• Good track record of leading, supporting, and coaching team and counterparts.
• Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
• Demonstrated understanding of USAID regulations and MEL reporting requirements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
• This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
• All positions are contingent upon funding to MSG and approval by USAID.
• Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on rolling basis.
• Submission deadline is Close of Business 11th November 2022.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 11 November, 2022