Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD) – The global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), supports migrants, who are willing to contribute to the overall development of their countries of origin. The overarching objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for regular migration in selected partner countries.
Scope of Role:
• The Technical Advisor is responsible for managing and promoting programme and team agreements.
• The Technical Advisor for Business Ideas for Development (BID) and Diaspora Experts (DE) will work in the PMD diaspora cooperation component at the operational level to support all activities in the field of action BID and DE in partner country, Ghana.
• She/He will work in close consultation with the coordinator, the project manager and other staff members of the Programme Migration and Diaspora at GIZ Head Office
• Coordinates all programme activities in the context of Business Ideas for Development (BID) in the partner country, Ghana in close
consultation with the Senior National Coordinator (SNC), the project manager and other staff members of the Programme Migration &
• Supports in the acquisition of applicants for participation in the annual call for proposals for BID and/or MEETAfrica.
• Supports at BID and/or MEETAfrica events in Europe and other places through provision of information on the local economic situation
and opportunities for entrepreneurs from the diaspora.
• Supports, in coordination with other stakeholders, the evaluation and selection of business ideas of Ghanaian candidates and participates
as jury member at the “pitch event”, as well as an advisor at “kick-off and “midterm events; and relevant follow-ups”.
• Identifies resource persons, especially successful founders, for best practice contributions and visibility enhancement.
• Builds a network to relevant stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
• Advises, accompanies and builds networks amongst BID founders as a facilitator in the process of business start-up and in the postfounding phase.
• Carries out marketing activities in the partner country in the context of BID as well as Diaspora Experts (DE) in consultation with the
SNC and officers responsible for marketing and public relations activities for the PMD in Ghana and at GIZ Head Office.
• Handles other tasks on behalf of GIZ.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field. Qualification in the area of Business Management/Administration, Project management will be an advantage.
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
• Ability to work under pressure to meet pressing deadlines and should be able to adapt and manage change.
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong managerial, organisational, social competence skills and ability to easily adapt and manage change
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2022/PMD/12/21 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 24 January, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.