AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
current jobs in ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Engineering Manager – KMS Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Manager – KMS Underground is accountable for the development and implementation of Underground Fixed Plant Infrastructure maintenance, including Material Handling System, Rail System, Mine Services Water Distribution, Dewatering and providing oversight on KMS Winding and Shafts system and other production related equipment through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
The role supports the delivery of Phase 3 in Obuasi Redevelopment Project. The role reports to the Senior Manager – Engineering
• Drive sound principles of Health and Safety in line with AngloGold Ashanti’s standards and procedures.
• Set and commit to the achievement of equipment and plant availability and performance targets.
• Develop and implement effective engineering standards and procedures in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
• Assist in delivering engineering services to meet the standards and requirements of relevant governmental agencies.
• Drive operational cost control and maintain expenditure within approved budgets.
• Develop the skills and competencies of direct reports to ensure a pipeline of talent required to deliver the business objectives.
• Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
• Provide technical input to the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
• Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
• Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable, and experienced personnel in accountability.
• Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
• Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyse and verify new components and systems.
• Implement corporate programs, e.g., asset management strategies, How We Work, Operational Effectiveness, etc, across areas of control.
• Monitor the supply, availability and condition of parts, inventory, general and specific consumables and rotable equipment required to provide assured sustainable operation of the mining operation
• Review, approve, and sign off the detailed new build and Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications, and documents issued.
• Ensure delivering infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy addresses construction time, cost, and quality risks.
• Liaise with the colleague Managers to develop maintenance planning and strategies
• Manage new build/refurbishment and installation contractor and an AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule, and quality expectations
• Develop and maintain the Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub-plan in the area of accountability
• Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and operational work packs for life of mine activities.
• Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
• Design strategy and processes to maintain the optimize mining operations in relation to schedule, achieving monitoring of all critical intermediate milestones.
• Set the standards so that process control and operational technology work carried out by the engineering and maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
• Prepare the sectional budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy.
• Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved, and budget is revised.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent
• Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
• An experienced mechanical/ electrical/ maintenance engineer with 10+ years’ relevant experience in Underground Fixed Plant / Infrastructure maintenance including Winder and Shaft systems, Dewatering, and Material Handling
• Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
• Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
• Knowledge of SAP PM module
• Must possess Engineering Manager’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
• Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2023
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.