AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
current jobs in ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Logging Geologist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• To provide dependable systems of work that reliably delivers the expected ore grade and tonnage from mine to mill.
• Integrate the technical studies, programs and analysis of production geology with the business objectives and processes of mine planning, mining production, and process plant.
• Monitor and report on these processes through effective reconciliation of gold movement across the system.
• Apply geological knowledge and skills to collect geological data through logging and sampling from diamond drill core and RC chips based on AGA Standard Procedures
• Prepare Geology LOM plans and annual budget, rolling annual forecast consistent with the approved project
• Manage the delivery of the Geology Department budget as minimum requirement through the performance of Chief Geologist Team
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Geology Department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
• Environmental management that is integrated into the Geology Department business plan and for drilling, core yard and laboratory
• Monitor core delivery and assist senior geologist in creating geological sections and plot for logging
• Resource and develop the people within the Geology Department to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
• Ensure quality high-resolution core photos are appropriately captured for all drillholes
• Ensure effective management of QAQC protocol
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geosciences/Geology/Geological Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years’ underground working experience
• In-depth knowledge in core/chip logging and interpretation of logged data
• Must have basic working knowledge in Datamine and Century System software to represent logged data
• In-depth knowledge in underground geological mapping, plotting and interpretation of data
• Detailed budgeting/contractor experience
• Must be effective communicator and have good presentational skills
• Safety Leadership
• Basic Application of Safety Leadership is required;
• Applied Geological Methods
• Drilling / Sampling (BA)
• Logging (AA)
• Drilling / Coreyard (M)
• Assaying / Database / Equipment (BA)
• Geological Theory
• Basic Application of Geological Theory is required
• Mine Geology Methods
• Advanced Understanding of Mine Geology Methods is required
• Estimation Methods
• Basic Application of Estimation Methods is required?
• Operational Management
• Advanced Application of Operational Management is required?
• Business Planning
• Basic Application of Business Planning is required?
• Operational Excellence
• Advanced Application of Operational Excellence is required?
• Project Management
• Basic Application of Project Management is required
• Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
• Managing oneself – Taking ownership one’s personal development
• Building effective working relationships – ability to build a winsome team with a strong and effective working relationship and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
• Building Trust and Accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
• Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspective in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
• Maximizing Performance Results – Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 04 May, 2023
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.