Systems for Development (S4D)
current jobs in ghana
To improve the distribution and management of pharmaceutical commodities in the Ghana public health supply chain, it is necessary to implement a Health Information Exchange (HIE) platform that enables the interoperability of all systems within the supply chain management ecosystem. This includes facilitating the exchange of data, standardization of products and site naming, creating product and site registries, and enabling analytical capabilities to assist the Ghana Ministry of Health in commodity planning, management, and decision-making. The goal is to provide the necessary technical support to ensure that all systems in the Ghana public health supply chain ecosystem can communicate with each other, provide end-to-end supply chain visibility, and improve commodity management.
Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks a Project Leadon the Ghana public health supply chain HIE project.
The HIE Project Lead will have a critical responsibility in planning, executing, and closing the Ghana public health supply chain HIE project. This role involves coordinating efforts between cross-functional teams to guarantee successful project delivery. The Project Lead is accountable for leading and managing the project, collaborating with different stakeholders, including technical teams, business analysts, healthcare providers, and vendors, to ensure project success. The Project Lead is also responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive project plans, specifying tasks, timelines, resource requirements, and milestones for the HIE platform project. Additionally, the Project Lead will work with stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, and success criteria, and act as the primary point of contact between project teams and stakeholders, ensuring clear communication and understanding of project goals. The Project Lead should facilitate regular project status meetings and provide updates to stakeholders, coordinate with internal and external teams to allocate resources effectively, including project team members, vendors, and subject matter experts. The Project Lead will monitor resource utilization and adjust plans as needed to ensure project success.
Job Title: Project Lead
Job Location: Accra
Company Name: Systems for Development (S4D)
To ensure effective project delivery the project lead will perform the following activities:
• Coordinates the design, configuration, and implementation of the HIE platform.
• Liaise with Senior MIS Technical Advisor and clients to ensure project requirements, scopes, and objectives are achieved in line with project set goals.
• Facilitate the coordination and engagement with all key project stakeholders.
• Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring that projects remain within scope, schedule, and budget.
• Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope or timeline to achieve optimal results.
• Conduct performance monitoring and ensure project deliverables are met on time and within budget.
• Ensure client deliverables meet S4D quality assurance levels.
• Identify and assess potential risks and issues associated with project execution.
• Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to address identified risks.
• Manage project budgets, including tracking expenditures, ensuring cost-effectiveness, and adjusting as necessary.
• Establish and implement quality assurance processes to ensure the delivery of a high-quality HIE platform.
• Conduct regular project reviews and audits to monitor adherence to quality standards.
• Monitor project timelines and milestones, ensuring that the project stays on schedule.
• Identify and address any deviations from the project plan promptly.
• Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including project plans, status reports, issue logs, and meeting minutes.
• Ensure documentation is accessible to relevant stakeholders.
• Coordinate training activities for end-users and stakeholders during the implementation phase.
• Plan and oversee the transition of the HIE platform from development to production.
Desired Key Skills:
• Three or more years of experience in project management.
• Experience in coordinating teams and clients.
• Proven success in a corporate setting, working with all levels of management.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Quick learner and passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge.
• Team-oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within S4D.
• Growth mindset, positive attitude and strong interest in solving client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment and deal with new issues.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to build and improve trusting relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Exceptional problem-solving, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to work efficiently with minimal guidance or supervision.
• Excellent organizational and management skills.
• Team player, self-starter, and a passion for results.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Healthcare Management, or a related field.
• Proven experience in project management, preferably in healthcare IT or health information exchange projects.
• Familiarity with health information exchange concepts, standards, and regulations.
• Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Project management certifications: Certified associate in project management (CAPM), project management professional (PMP) or similar.
• Working knowledge of project management software
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of public health business initiatives and workflow.
• Extensive working knowledge and understanding of Ghana’s MoH/GHS.
• Project management certification (e.g., PMP) is a plus.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, kindly submit your application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21 February, 2024
Notice: Be available to start work immediately
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com