Centre for Biodiversity Conservation Research (CBCR)
current jobs in ghana
The Centre for Biodiversity Conservation Research (CBCR) in partnership with the Wechiau Community Hippo Sanctuary (WCHS) and the Wilder Institute of the Calgary Zoo Foundation invite applications from qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager. This Partnership seeks to facilitate capacity building, development and conservation efforts in the Wechiau Community Hippo Sanctuary and neighbouring communities to ensure sustained success of community conservation in the sanctuary.
• The primary responsibility of the position will be to provide management, technical and strategic direction for the project and to basically design, develop, implement and supervise project activities.
• Wechiau Community Hippo Sanctuary office based in Wechiau, Upper West Region (80%) and Centre for Biodiversity Conservation Research (20%) office – University of Ghana, Accra.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s degree or higher in Natural Resource Management/Environmental Management/Conservation, Biology or other relevant discipline,
• A minimum of (5) years professional working experience with 3 years in management position,
• Demonstrated project management experience,
• Demonstrated success in project proposal development,
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written English),
• Ability and desire to travel locally on a daily basis,
• A good team player.
Location: Upper West Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
• An application letter addressed to: The Project Coordinator, CBCR.
• An up-to-date CV (maximum 3 pages)
• Relevant academic certificates.
The application must be submitted electronically to:
Closing Date: 15 February, 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to ?firstname.lastname@example.org