current jobs i n ghana
The Market-Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the ECOWAS region (MOVE): The project focuses on building resilient cashew and rice value chains to contribute to the creation of jobs and income in West Africa, with ECOWAS as its main political partner. The project is mainly funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), with co-funding from the European Union and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented jointly with numerous private and public partners. MOVE intervention countries include Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
Scope of Role:
The Senior Finance manager is primarily responsible for efficiently dealing with queries about issues in his / her section, performing tasks in compliance with GIZ’s processes and rules (P+R) and ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
• Advises his / her superior (TL) on questions relating to the thematic area and on issues that are relevant to different groups.
• Responsible for coordinating all the tasks that arise in your thematic area, for the correct processing and monitoring of all payment
flows and for ensuring the supply of funds to the programme, in consultation with the relevant sectoral division(s) and the country
office. Identifying and assessing commercial risks plays an important role in this context. You also assist in the preparation of grants,
construction contracts and local subsidies, as well as in the training of recipients if necessary.
• Formulate solutions for complex and fundamental issues, draft documents that facilitate decision-making and (further) develop standardised, division-wide procedures for ensuring the quality of commercial and administrative processes in projects. Within this context, you incorporate innovations and changes and make them available for general use once they have been approved by the management team.
• Responsible for knowledge management, such as training measures, in your thematic area.
• In consultation with the country director or your line manager, you use your contacts both to act as a point of liaison for all matters in your specialist field and to strengthen alliances and cooperation arrangements on behalf of the company.
• In your role you assume management responsibility for at least six staff members (in bands 1 to 5), with due regard for P+R and GIZ’s applicable HR policies, instruments, and procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a master’s degree or professional qualification accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or similar area
• Finely tuned organizational skills and ability to work on one’s own initiative at the conceptional level.
• in-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Confidential handling of data and information
• Very fluent in both English and French (obligatory), German language would be an advantage
• Excellent management skills with result orientated performance
• Good communication and intercultural skills
• Team player
• Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2022/MOVE/10/26 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 10 November, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org