AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
current jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as per the details below:
JOB POSTING : SENIOR MANAGER – SECURITY
DEPARTMENT : SECURITY
STRATUM OF ROLE : III H
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : PERMANENT
CLOSING DATE : 12TH DECEMBER, 2023
• This role is accountable to effectively manage the overall security function (strategic, tactical and operational) and resources at the operation to secure company assets, ensuring a safe and secure working environment.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to him/her or under his/her jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Accountable for the implementation, communication, and enforcement of all environmental legal compliance for the department.
• Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
• Investigate, respond, and take measures to prevent actual/ potential environmental incidents in the areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for continuous environmental improvement in the areas of work.
• Demonstrate Environmental Leadership by supporting team members and other managers to achieve their environmental objective and requirements.
• Contribute to the environmental training of all subordinates within the department/section.
• Design and implement effective strategic security plan for the mine.
• Design, align and implement security systems and processes to ensure protection of lives and assets and reputational risk of Obuasi mine.
• Provide technical security advice and guidance to the Managing Director and peers on Security matters.
• Contract management of relevant service providers for the security division
• Set major Security objectives and priorities.
• Plan and deploy security resources within the frameworks approved.
• Rigorously drive implementation of Security projects and strategies.
• Initiate value adding projects, ideas, methodologies, and strategies.
• Develop and implement effective results tracking system.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement across the function.
• Deliver on Site, Regional and Corporate reporting, and governance requirements.
• Advise relevant executive teams on progress using clear reporting methods.
• Audit and monitor quality of Management Systems
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Security and/or Risk Management
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience of which five (5) years should be at a senior management level with substantial knowledge and experience in a mining operations, Security Administration and Investigation, Risk management, Metallurgy, Community Relations and/or associated business field in a management capacity.
• Experience in planning and executing security operations mitigating risk and lawful application of all investigative needs.
• Knowledge in developing crime management plans and implementation of mitigating plans.
• Proven experience in project management of projects with a high level of complexity.
• Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Conflict management
• Mentorship & coaching
• Sound understanding of the mining value chain and impacts of Security Management
• Demonstrated capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound short-term tactical decisions.
• Commercial acumen relevant to the role
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Teamwork, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
• Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
• Creating organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives.
• Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and analyzing Issues, Driving for Results,
• Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30 December, 2023
To apply for this job please visit careers.anglogoldashanti.com.