current jobs in ghana
A reputable school is seeking to recruit Special Education Coordinator / Instructional Facilitators
• He/she will actively support the assigned students to ensure that a strong commitment to improving academic and social achievement of students with special needs is evident and appropriately addressed.
• Supports, mentors, and models best practice instructional strategies and techniques.
• Exhibits a strong commitment to improving academic and social achievement for students with special needs.
• Attends division and area facilitator/liaison meetings.
• Effectively communicates division procedures and best practices to site administration and staff through regular staff meetings.
• Facilitates staff development activities related to students with disabilities for administration, licensed, and support staff.
• Informs administration of special education concerns/issues that may be supervisory in nature.
• Assists parents in problem solving and acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills to support the development and implementation of their child’s Individualised Education Plan
• Provides staff with information on scientifically based instruction, positive behavioural supports.
• Monitors, on a regularly scheduled basis, confidential folders of students assigned to him/her.
• Maintains confidentiality and organisation of records through observable procedures consistent with policies of the school.
• Collaborates with academic coordinator and administration when designing class schedules as it relates to students with special education needs.
• Works professionally with administrators, staff, and parents.
• Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned
• Maintains knowledge of special education teaching methods, research, and best practices through professional development and study.
• Establishes and enforces classroom management structure and rules that ensure the academic engagement and the physical and mental safety of all students.
• Celebrates the achievements and successes of students.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate ability to support, mentor, and model best practice instructional strategies specifically designed for students with disabilities.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of people with special needs and procedures.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of special education programs.
• Demonstrate effectiveness in planning, organising, and coordinating meaningful activities for appropriate individuals and/or groups in a pleasant, professional manner.
• Exhibit proficiency.
• Lead professional development activities for staff as they relate to special education.
• Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers and administration.
• Maintain accurate and complete records on the assigned students.
• Participate as an active member with other staff members11. Maintain and improve professional competence.
• Communicate effectively both written and orally.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a calm and patient demeanour with all students.
• Thorough understanding of various special education needs and services.
• Thorough understanding of and the ability to implement a variety of effective teaching methods.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a diploma in education.
• At least 1-3 years of experience
• Good communication skills
Special education need teacher: Should have knowledge in SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEED(Autism spectrum)/CHILD PSYCHOLOGY/.
How To Apply For The Job
Email cv to:
For further enquiries call:
Closing Date: 30 April, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org