current jobs in ghana
The Support to the Transformation of TVET in Ghana project aims to support the reforms of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Ghana in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, the Commission for TVET, the TVET Service, TVET Institutions and other private and public sector stakeholders. It is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Scope of Role:
The Technical Advisor is responsible for supporting the expansion and mainstreaming of Workplace Experience Learning (WEL) as an integral part of a competency-based training (CBT) system. The Technical Advisor will support initiatives that ensure more training providers and industries have the capacity to support WEL and establishes partnerships between training providers and industries
• Support a policy and framework for the development and implementation of WEL as an effective strategy of promoting the quality and relevance of competency-based training (CBT).
• Support the strengthening of the relationships and partnerships between the industry and training providers for the promotion of demand-driven and practically oriented skills training.
• Contribute to the improvement of TVET personnel to ensure they are adaptable and capable regarding the actual needs of WEL.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the transformation of the TVET system.
• Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, private sector, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
• Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at local level in consultation with your supervisor and in cooperation with the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects.
• Handle other task on behalf of GIZ.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced university degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (education,
• At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position relating to implementing partnership between public and private sector organisations. Experience with Workplace Experience Learning (WEL) is an asset.
• Very good working knowledge of the TVET system, especially CBT approaches, and its stakeholders.
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment, strong managerial, organisational, and social competence.
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2022/TVET/10/26 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 09 November, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org