Current jobs in ghana
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance
• Regional Project: Promotion of Rule of Law and Judiciary in Africa – The GIZ regional project: “Promotion of Rule of Lawand Judiciary in Africa” is present in four African countries.
• The second project phase started in July 2022 for a period of three years.
• The main objectives are to increase the access to (formal or informal) justice by vulnerable groups, provide legal services to entrepreneurs, promote alternative dispute resolution and support better access to legal documents by digitalisation.
Scope of Role:
• The Technical and M&E Advisor is responsible for the technical/thematic planning, preparation and implementation of project activities (50%), as well as for monitoring and evaluation of the project (50%).
• Assessing the needs and potentials of beneficiary groups in the project’s fields of intervention and adapting project activities
• Contributing to the strategic planning and conceptualizing of the project’s (sub-) objectives and implementation.
• Technical/thematic planning, preparation, implementation and documentation of project activities, while ensuring GIZ quality
• Monitoring and evaluating the impact of partner institutions that are financed by the project (consultancies, grant agreements, local
• Conducting surveys among project target groups and partner institutions in order to identify the needs and potentials in the project’s
fields of activity.
• Collects and processes data in order to measure the project’s indicators within drafted M&E tools.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in political science, human science, sociology/anthropology, project management, law or related fields.
• At least 6 years of professional experience in M&E and/or project management in the sector of development cooperation, preferably
in the fields of access to (formal or informal) justice and legal advice to vulnerable groups and/or legal services and alternative dispute
resolution for entrepreneurs.
• Additional experience in the fields of either legal tech or integrity in the justice sector are advantages.
• Professional experience in regional/international organizations., especially a previous employment by GIZ, is an advantage.
• Solid (preferably academic) knowledge and understanding of the concepts of gender mainstreaming and alternative dispute resolution.
• Digital skills, particularly in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Highly impact-driven and focused on the needs/potentials of project beneficiaries.
• Fluent written and oral mastery of the English language. Language skills in French or German are an advantage.
• Proven analytical and organizational skills, as well as autonomy, flexibility, initiative-oriented and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent internal communication skills and a proven team-player record, as well as external communication skills to establish and
maintain effective working relationships within a diverse stakeholder landscape.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2023/ROL/21/07 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 30 August, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org