Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG)
current jobs in ghana
Established in 2006, Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Ghana. MSG complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Ghana.
MSG is seeking qualified personnel for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded family planning activity in Ghana. The goal of the activity is to contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity through increased access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services to poor and underserved populations in Ghana.
• The Technical Director will be responsible for the overall technical oversight of the project, including leading technical teams, work planning and reporting.
• The Technical Director reports directly to the COP and will take a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions and ensuring the project meets stated goals.
• They will assume the responsibilities of the COP in the absence of the COP.
• They will coordinate among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and will interact with numerous Government of Ghana institutions and representatives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following among other duties:
• Support the Chief of Party to provide technical direction and supervision for all program activities and interventions to ensure integration, coordination, and collaboration across all result areas.
• Ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that reporting requirements of the donor are followed.
• Ensure quality activity implementation and employ use of project M&E tools and ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Promote sustainability of project activities through effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of partners.
• Provide operational, technical, programmatic, financial and management guidance and support for project activities; identify, consider and resolve issues or problems.
• Oversee and ensure efficient monitoring of subcontracts and grant partners.
• In the absence of the COP, represent the projects to USAID, the government of Ghana, project partners and other stakeholders.
Qualification Required & Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees (MBChB)
• A Master’s degree of higher in public health, medicine, management or social sciences or related field.
• Seven (7) years’ experience managing at a similar level or similar or senior technical advisor level in donor funded programs of similar scope in Ghana or a developing country. Demonstrated capacity to provide management oversight to large complex programs.
• At least 10 years’ experience working in family planning and sexual and reproductive health, including recent experience and in-depth understanding of the major issues affecting FP in Ghana.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID or other donor planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, structure, and sub-award compliance.
• A proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones and produce high quality project deliverables on time and on budget.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing partnership with local government, donors, multilateral organizations, academia, private sector and local community, preferably in Ghana.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
• This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
• All positions are contingent upon funding to MSG and approval by USAID.
• Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on rolling basis.
• Submission deadline is Close of Business 11th November 2022.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 11 November, 2022
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.