AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
current jobs in ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as per the details below:
JOB POSTING : TSF PROJECT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT : PROCESSING
STRATUM OF ROLE : III L
EMPLOYMENT STATUS : FIXED-TERM FULL-TIME
CLOSING DATE : 14TH DECEMBER, 2023
• To coordinate and lead project deliveries for design and construction for Dokyiwa Tailing Storage Facility (DTSF) and South TSF lift (Step-in) projects and Biox TSF projects.
• The role holder will ensure that appropriate standards and quality are maintained during the design and execution phase in accordance with guidelines and procedures.
• Additionally, advising on all resettlement construction projects undertaken by the Mine to ensure compliance with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Implementation principles within the area of accountability for both permanent and contract employees.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to him/her or under his/her jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Accountable for the implementation, communication and enforcement of all environmental legal compliance for the department.
• Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
• Investigate, respond and take measures to prevent actual / potential environmental in the areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for continuous environmental improvement in the areas of work.
• Demonstrate Environmental Leadership by supporting team members and other managers to achieve their environmental objective and requirements
• Contribute to the environmental training of all subordinates within the department/section
• Manage all the consultants providing design services for the TSF projects and multi -disciplinary work packages for associated infrastructure as well as technical outputs for government and permitting requirements.
• Manage the production of comprehensive project plans and documentation to enable the project to be managed against a clear set of defined deliverables and milestones.
• Conduct an evaluation of the project and any follow-on action recommendations as required.
• Produce project documentation and project progress reports, create project charters, scope documents, management of schedules, basis of schedule documents
• Manage Project schedule to achieve business needs and operational requirements.
• Provide leadership to those involved in the project by defining work and ensuring deadlines are understood and adhered to and that project objectives are clearly articulated and understood.
• Ensure project requirements and resource levels are fully supported and approved throughout the lifecycle of the project, including staffing, ICT implementation.
• Manage the successful delivery of projects on time and of the right quality.
• Assist with the monitoring, measuring, reviewing, and updating project process, adjusting project plans, and implementing remedial plans and informing all relevant parties
• Work with immediate reports and staff in a way that adds value to their roles and ensures their effectiveness. These authorities include induction into team, assigning specific tasks, assessing performance, providing coaching, initiating disciplinary action as and when required.
• Share understanding of the context within which the manager’s accountabilities lie and requires of colleagues to work together as a team and make mutual adjustments to their work.
• Integrates project and project support work through successive stages of project analysis and development.
• Ensure all aspects of commercial, legal, and financial corporate governance are implemented in accordance with AGA standards.
• Ensure reliable processes for managing the technical quality of the Plan of Operations and supporting engineering deliverables.
• Ensure the project meets its environmental, community and other obligations as prescribed in the AGA policy.
• Adopt risk management principles in the commissioning and operation of the tailing’s facility.
• Support the implementation of site initiatives such as fatigue management, Diversity & Inclusion, wellness programmes and mentorship Programme, etc.
• Identify and report compliance violations and assist with investigations.
• Build capacity of team members on compliance related matters (e.g. communications regarding bribery/corruption, ethics, conflicts of interest, gifts, etc.).
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent or Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized institution.
• Project Management PMP Certified Essential.
• Ten (10) years’ experience in civil construction and TSF projects with exposure to high capital projects management (>$50m)
• Well-developed industry networks
• At least 10 years relevant experience in tailings dam engineering and construction projects
• Sound practical understanding of the entire mining value chain including mining, geotechnical, metallurgy and projects
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
• Ability to take a five-year whole-of-business perspective in managing multiple competing priorities and reconciling these with the Company’s strategic priorities
• Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking
• Demonstrated capacity to make sound short-term tactical decisions – quickly assembling and interpreting data to successfully action priorities.
• Commercial acumen relevant to the role
• Demonstrated capability in organizing work, setting priorities and exercising sound independent judgement.
• Strong ability to lead and work effectively with people, including leading high performing professional teams.
• Demonstrated capability and willingness to explore and embrace different cultures.
Project Management (Master Application)
• Is an acknowledged leader in the field of Construction and Project Management of Tailings dams and quality control of construction.
• Fully understands the AGA project management standard requirements to complete a major project (>$50m) to implementation.
• Can review a major project for compliance against the standard and make recommendations to address deficiencies.
• Can lead the work of test work and engineering design service providers.
Information Management (Advanced Application)
• Undertakes systematic analysis to the required level of detail and rigour and supports conclusions with accurate information and analysis.
• Uses sound judgement and experience to validate and/or question the data
Engineering Science (Basic Understanding)
• Understands the critical operational parameters to operate machinery and equipment within design tolerances. Understands the basic maintenance and reliability requirements of key assets and can identify when assets are performing below design performance
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration, Conflict management and Teamwork, Developing Others, Communicating powerfully and prolifically.
• Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
• Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
• Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving for Results, Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30 December, 2023
To apply for this job please visit careers.anglogoldashanti.com.