The Business Development Manager role is a mid-level position for a capable, committed and passionate individual who understands how to use tact, knowledge and wisdom to win customers with the aim of growing and expanding the organization’s potential markets. The successful individual will be required to prospect through the entire sales cycle which will include developing new leads, educating prospective clients and turning interested prospects into long-term customers. The position is ideal for a results-oriented individual who is seeking an opportunity to make a mark and requires someone who is very innovative and can proffer solutions to challenging issues
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Sanford Health-Ghana is a non-profit organization, incorporated under the laws of Ghana for the purposes of promoting the health of children and adults, by establishing and operating non-profit but sustainable healthcare clinics in Ghana. We are a subsidiary of Sanford Health-USA, a non-profit organization headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. At the core of our mission is dedicating ourselves to sharing God’s love through the work of health and healing as well as providing comfort to the people we serve. We believe in caring for those in need and making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
At Sanford Health, we believe that integrating our care efforts empowers our health system to expand our capabilities and expertise in key areas that benefit patients. By coordinating quality and safety, research and innovation, clinical expertise and strong patient-provider partnerships, we guarantee that each and every patient receives exceptional care.
Currently operating in the Greater Accra and Central regions with four (4) clinic sites, we provide basic healthcare with Specialist services. We provide care to NHIS and Private Insurance clients as well as corporate bodies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong understanding of our business model, products, and services to be able to convert leads to new clients
- Prospect and generate new leads within the sales territory through client visitations, cold- calling etc.
- Arrange and schedule meetings with the clients or visit their offices or these entities to persuade them to subscribe to available services on offer.
- Strong focus on sales target and striving to increase business growth by meeting these sales targets
- Maintain a routine schedule of visitation to customers on a recurring basis
- Identify customer needs and make appropriate recommendations to management to meet those needs
- Interact closely with clients to understand their peculiar needs and propose appropriate service solutions to them
- Educate existing and potential clients on the products and services on offer and the benefits to them financially
- Create positive and long-lasting relationships with current and potential clients
- Work with the operations and clinical team to identify and manage the clinics risks that might prevent growth
- Prepare and maintain statistical data and provide reports whenever necessary
- Work with individual clinics to understand their marketing requirements.
- Carryout periodic surveys to determine emerging trends such as pricing and demand dynamics including researching competitors services, pricing and their successes
- Remains up-to-date on industry developments.
Required Skills or Experience
- An undergraduate with at least 2 years direct sales experience
- Experience with a start-up or healthcare industry will be an added advantage
- Should have excellent oral, written communication and high presentation skills
- Should be extremely comfortable on the phone
- Good conversational/interpersonal skill is a must
- Must be conversant with IT and internet applications.